The PIPS Library is a valuable resource for researchers and parliamentarians. Library staff assist researchers and provide specialized and priority services for legislators and their staff. The library collection has a special prominence on government, politics, international relations, research methods, training, economics, business, law and history. PIPS library is the only parliamentary library of the country having subscription of JSTOR, reputed database of international research journals.
The Library features study space, wireless internet access, scanning printing and computer stations with access to the Library’s online catalogue and electronic resources.
Members of the National & Provincial Legislature of Pakistan, Parliamentary functionaries and their staff can rely on the PIPS Library to meet their information needs. Consulting with the Library saves time and helps legislators gather information on complex issues of the day.
• Borrowing rights
• Access to a broad range of electronic databases including JSTOR
• Training in the use of electronic services
• Research assistance using a variety of tools such as books, Journals, and E-Databases as well as other local and global resources
• Subscriptions to periodicals of particular interest to Members
• Selected major national newspapers
• Government of Pakistan publications
• Statutes and regulations from Pakistan jurisdictions
• A comprehensive range of texts on government and policy-related concerns
• Access to inter-library loans for materials not held by the Library
• Customized notification service of new materials in the Library, such as magazine tables of contents, new books briefings, and newspaper clippings.
• Online access to HEC Digital library • Online access to Pakistan Law • Online access to Jstore
• Study Carrel • Meeting Room/Discussion Room • IT Facility